HISD Sports Physical Example and Help Video
Reasons Physical Forms are rejected by the HISD Trainers.
1) They are not able to read them due to
poor quality copies submitted. (One of the most common errors)
2) They are not able to read them due to handwritten information -
PLEASE TYPE if possible. (One of the most common errors)
3) Top portion of the Medical History lacks information. They will kick the form back if not completly filled in.
Do not skip any questions from Student Name to Emergency Contact. Make sure all phone numbers are provided, including doctor and emergency contact. (One of the most common errors)
4) Every box under medical history
MUST be checked. If you miss one it is an automatic kickback. Be sure not to check both yes and no. Believe me, it happens. (I both skipped a box and double-checked the sample, as an example.) Automatic kickback. (One of the most common errors)
5) If you check the box for concussions, you
MUST answer the follow-up questions: how many and when was the last time.
6) If you answer yes to #15 you
MUST check the follow-up questions about the location of the injury.
7) There is a section for Females Only and a section for Males Only. Please answer the appropriate section. Leave the other section blank. (I have seen people answer both or answer neither.)
8) Leave the box below the Males Only section
unchecked unless you plan to provide an an ECG.
9) For the box titled "Explain "Yes" answers in the box below," you must type the question number and a short statement. For example: 13) Seasonal Alergies - Over the counter medication.
(One of the most common errors)
10) Box at the bottom of the page. "I hereby state..."
Student must sign / Parent must sign / Date (One of the most common errors) 11) Make sure you don't sign the last line. The last line is for Dr. Shetzer and myself. I appreciate you making sure the physical is:
Completed no earlier than 5/15/2023 Uploaded to the website no later than www.registermyathlete.com Aug 22nd. Emailed physical to no later than firstname.lastname@example.org Aug 22nd. (Subject of the email 2023 Sports Physical)
I know sports paperwork is a painful task. I have over one hundred athletes in my program and spend an enormous amount of time checking, emailing, working with parents, trainers, and Register My Athlete staff. I appreciate your help getting this submitted before our first week of school so I can focus on training our athletes.
I HAVE REVIEWED THE HISD PHYSICAL AND WILL ENSURE IT IS SUBMITTED BY AUG 22ND, 2023.
Enter your initials to indicate acceptance: